Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catching Up - Family Photo

We had the opportunity to have a family photo taken recently when our church decided to publish a new pictorial directory.  I hadn't done particularly well at coordinating our last picture, so I headed to the mall to try and find something that would work.  I had recently bought a new dress for Maggie that was blue and beige, and so I took it with me to try and find something for the rest of us.  I expected to spend all day at the mall, and I was not looking forward to it, but fate was on my side.  I walked into Sears, and the first sweater I picked up in the women's department matched, and it fit.  I walked into the men's department and picked up the first beige dress shirt that was the right color, and it was Jerry's size.  I headed up to the girl's department and walked right up to a rack of sweater tunics that were the right color, and only $10 to boot.  The only problem was that they were not very soft, and Gracie rebels at anything that is itchy, but I figured that for $10 she could wear it for an hour and it would be okay if she never wore it again.  I thought I might find a scarf to help pull it all together, but ended up finding a necklace that had been clearanced out for less than $3.00.  And the best part is that it took me less than two hours all told. I probably should have used the rest of the day to go buy a lottery ticket! 

No comments: