Friday, April 16, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things - The Gracie Edition

Well, Gracie has been home with me today, having been running a temperature for the last couple of days. Jerry stayed home with her yesterday while I took the GRE. I was lucky that he had already arranged to work from home that day, so when it became apparent that she would have to stay home from school, I didn't have to fret about finding someone to take care of her. God was taking care of me down to the littlest details. In fact, that morning I woke up from a deep sleep with a word in my brain - a word that I had seen before, but had no idea what it meant. I looked it up in the dictonary before I left for my test, and guess what? That word was on my test.

For those of you that were wondering, they do give you your scores at the end of the exam for the multiple choice portions. For those of you that asked, I made a 550 verbal and 650 quantitative. I have to wait two weeks for the writing portion to be graded and sent to me. I think that the reason I did better on the math was because I've been studing for the last three weeks. Math you can re-learn, but the vocabulary portion is 28 words picked out of the unabridged dictionary. You either know it or you don't, in my opinion.

Anyway, back to the original theme of this post - Gracie. She is such a hoot! Here's just a few examples from today:

  • I was doing the "Sun Salutation" yoga pose on the Wii Fit Plus this morning, and it asks you to touch your toes. I attempted, but fell several inches short. I muttered, "Can't quite make that today." To which Gracie replied, "Yeah, it's harder when you're fat." Ouch!


  • Later we were talking and she said, "You know, we didn't eat lunch yesterday."
    "Yes we did," I replied. "I stopped and got us a special lunch from Chick-fil-a!"
    "Oh yeah." She said.
    "I guess it wasn't special to you." I shot back.
    "Yeah it was!" She said. "I'm just a big forgetter. (Pause) 'Cept one plus one. And two plus two. And three plus three. 'Cause those are doubles."

  • Later we were working on our computers - Gracie was plaing a game in the office, and I was facebooking on my laptop at my desk in the guest room.
    "MOM!" came the shout from the office. "Something is wrong with the computer!"
    "What is it?" I hollered back. She appeared at the door and looked at me very seriously.
    "I think it's a medical issue." She stated very matter-of-factly.
    "A medical issue?" I repeated, "I'll be right there."

    Because we all know that medical issues are serious.

    Especially for computers.


    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Suzy those all very funny Yes they keep us on toes.
    I already know you did well on your test!!!!I bet you blow the writting out of the water...
    Keep your stories coming.
    I love them:0)