Monday, March 1, 2010

Journey to Oz

Well, the journey to Oz is complete. Here is Maggie, singing with her fellow munchkins:

So that every child had an opportunity to sing a solo, play an instrument, or have a speaking part, there were multiple Dorothy's, Scarecrows, Tin Men and Lions. There were also a couple of Glendas:
There was only one Mayor of Munchkin City, and he was dedicated to his part. He had been practicing his best munchkin voice diligently for the occasion, and he was a hit:

Here's one of the Lollipop Guild:

And the one and only Wicked Witch of the West. She is in my Girl Scout Troop as well, and has been in several community plays. She knows all about throwing herself into character!

Here's Maggie, singing her brief duet part:

And dancing for joy that the Wicked Witch is dead:

Now that the play is over, I wonder how long it is going to take for me to stop singing Wizard of Oz songs. I had one of the songs running through my head while I was making dinner, and kept humming it aloud. Maggie asked "Is that song was stuck in your head?"

I replied, "Yes, it is, and I wish I could get it out of there!"

At that Maggie and Gracie began singing, "It's a small world after all. . . It's a small world after all. . . It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world."

It worked, but I'm not sure that song is any better!

No comments: