Monday, March 1, 2010

Dinner Conversations

Okay, tonight the girls and I were eating without Jerry, as this is the night that he goes to Bible Study. This usually means a fairly quiet meal, as Jerry almost always finishes his meal first and spends the rest of the dinner time doing something to agitate the girls. It drives me mad.

Anyway, tonight it was just us girls, so I was expecing an uneventful dinner. However, as we began eating the conversation turned to . . . poo. Yes, that's right, my girls started discussing the finer points of poo. And not the kind from Tarleton State University either. I quickly moved to put the conversation to an end and stated in no uncertain terms that poo was not acceptable dinner conversation. The table grew quiet, and then. . .

"You know what's neat about snot?" My youngest began.

"ARGGH!!" I interjected. "NO! No poo, no snot, no bodily functions will be discussed at dinner!"

Another thing to put on the list of things I never thought I'd say.

No comments: