Saturday, August 13, 2011

Motherhood

You always hear that motherhood is a lofty position. I am reminded of how mom-centered our household is whenever I try to sit at my desk and concentrate on schoolwork. Everyone can be occupied with other things, but as soon as I sit down and stay in one place, here they come:



Sometimes the girls will bring their own books with them. In this picture they were enjoying some of the 29 picture books I had checked out for my first children’s literature assignment. I was quite dismayed to find that I had overshot the library’s due date by a day. Ten cents a day adds up quick when you have that many books checked out. I hear it’s an occupational hazard.

It’s not always the girls who want to be near. Sometimes I get another admirer:



Still, if there was any question that moms are important, Maggie clinched it when the girls were playing a while back. They were playing hospital with all their stuffed animals, and Maggie had a list of ailments on her white board with lists of animals affected underneath them:



In case you can’t read it, possible reasons for hospitalization are:
  • Unable to use legs
  • Walking Problems
  • Brain Damage
  • Oxygen Problems
  • Eating Problems
And. . .
  • No Mom.

‘Nuff said.

No comments: