Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Back!

Well, as you may have guessed, graduate school didn't get any easier as the semester wore on. I had hoped that as my first semester of graduate school progressed I would get more into the swing of things, and that I would have time to do all the things I used to do, like update this blog for instance. BWHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Okay, so let's just face the facts. I was (and am) busy. I haven't blogged, even though I've had several thoughts and activities that were definitely blog-worthy. I should be guilt-ridden with all the things I've let slide, of which the blog is probably the least important, but as far as the blog is concerned, I'm guessing not many people have missed the posts, except maybe my parents, and I do regularly update my parents via methods other than the blog. So, I'm going to let go of that guilt, and if you are really curious about what's been going on, read on!

After talking with an experienced MLIS student, I decided to keep all three of my classes. That turned out to be a mistake, as I barely had time to breathe all semester. I feel like I rushed through all my schoolwork, and was so overwhelmed with information, I'm not sure how much of it will 'stick', but it is done. I am one-quarter finished with my Master's. Things I learned: Never take three classes per semester again. I'm signed up for two next semester (one of which is on campus), so hopefully it will be a little less stressful.

I'll have to go look at what pictures I took to see what actually happened in the last few months, and hopefully post a few items, because, honestly, I don't remember anything but school.

Everything else is a blur.

***********

The most important update I have is that Amy (my sister), her hubby Brad, and their two kids were involved in a major car accident on the way home from Thanksgiving. Brad is still at Parkland with broken legs, Amy has limited mobility due to a broken ankle and foot, and the kids were uninjured. She is keeping everyone updated via her blog, Amy's Antics, which you can click over to on the blogging friends section. We appreciate your prayers for both physical healing and spiritual strength during this time. Thanks!

No comments: