Friday, December 17, 2010

Injustice

Gracie woke up yesterday with a high-ish fever, so she missed school (and her class Christmas party) that day. I called the pediatrician's office, but the earliest she could work us in was 4:30 that afternoon.

So, after Maggie got home, I loaded up the kids and we headed to the pediatrician's office. They did a flu test on Gracie, and it was not the flu. This was the first time Maggie had met our new pediatrician, and she was putting on her best pre-teen "This is so totally boring, I can't believe my mom dragged me out here" routine. That is, right up until I decided to take the opportunity to get her a flu shot. Then she immediately switched over into panicky child mode, running out the door of the examining room and down the hall, hollering, "NO! NO! NO!!! I don't want a SHOT!

We did get her back in the examining room, and she did get the shot, but as we left, with tears streaming down her face she kept wailing, "Why?! You are so mean!" Yup, that's me - Meanest Mommy in the World. Gotta keep up my reputation.

I tried to make it up to her by getting her a Sonic Blast (her sister got a sundae - I have to take her back after she's well to get her shot) but she was still pretty put out with me. I can't really blame her though.

Gracie had only a small fever last night, but this morning it was back in full force - 103.8, but dropped to 100.3 after ibuprofen. Hopefully she'll feel better by Monday. Still - wouldn't want to get a babysitter sick, so it is looking like no Harry Potter for us this weekend either. I'm beginning to think I won't get a chance to see it before it leaves the theater. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: