Friday, July 19, 2013

Every Which Way

One of the reasons I feel like this summer is going by so quickly is because everyone is going in different directions. After our vacation we had a week of downtime (and swim team practice) and we were off again. This time we split up. The girls went to Grandma's house with their cousin Carissa for a girls only Princess week. They painted nails went swimming, and had a shop 'till they drop day. One of the highlights was going to the Goodwill store and each picking out an outfit. Maggie made sure to let me know that Gracie picked out a dress that I would never in a million years have let her buy at the department store. I agreed as it was a rather fancy party dress that would have been too expensive for something that would not get worn often, but I told here that for $5, I didn't mind at all.  We may be hitting our Goodwill store a bit more often now!


While the girls were princess-ing, the boys (Jerry, my brother-in-law Brad, and nephew Will) joined Granddaddy and some of his compradres for a guys-only weekend at Lake Eufala. They had rented a houseboat for the week, and were having fun fishing, swimming, and kayaking.


Meanwhile, my sister and my good friend from college joined me in OKC for a scrapbooking retreat weekend. We scrapped for four days, taking breaks to go eat and to even do a bit of sightseeing. We went to Pop's on Route 66 for lunch on Saturday, but the wait for a table was 45 minutes, and we didn't want to lose that much scrapping time, so we just got a unique soda pop apiece and went elsewhere to eat. Amy and I were both still working on baby girl albums, and we both finished! I still have a bit of journaling left to do, but this marks the completion of my last traditional album. From here on out, it's digital, baby! I can hardly wait to reclaim my closet space! Of course, a bigger hard drive is probably in my near future. . .


When our scrap retreat was over Amy and I headed to Texas to retrieve our princesses and my dog. I didn't want to board Oreo while we went on vacation, so she had gone to visit Nana and Granddad's farm for three weeks. I wasn't sure she would want to come home after three weeks of chasing squirrels, goats, and deer, but when we pulled up and she realized it was us, she hopped right up into her seat in the van and looked at us like, "Let's go!"  I guess there really is no place like home, even for dogs!

No comments: