Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm back!

Well, for all my nervousness leading up to it, the surgery was uneventful (just the way we like surgeries to be!)

Mom and Mike came to help us out, so on Monday the girls stayed home with their Papaw while Jerry, Mom and I headed out to the hospital. My surgery was scheduled for 9:00, but it was past 10:00 before they actually took me back to the OR. The anesthesiologist said, "Now this is going to make you a little drowsy. . ." and I was out.

The doctor came and talked to Mom and Jerry when it was over. He said everything went well, that the tube that delivers the bile from the gallbladder to the intestine was too small, and that's why I had low function. Everything else looked fine.

Once I came to in recovery I spent about an hour sipping apple juice and letting the pain medicine do its thing. Once I proved I could pee, they let me go home. We left the hospital about 2:15, and I went home and went straight to bed. I did wake up for dinner that night, which I ate in bed. It seemed to distress Maggie to see me 'sick', but I reassured her that I would be getting much better very soon. I'm glad that she has her Grandma here to help her through it!

Now it's Thursday, and I've gotten a little better every day. I'm still sore, of course, but feeling more my normal self, and Praise God!, no more nausea! I've got to be sure not to overdo it though, so now that the girls have left to go on a park/pool outing with Grandma and Papaw, I'm off for a nap.

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments: