Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Laundry as a Legacy

You know, I've always known that I'd leave a legacy - something I'd be remembered for, but this week, I'm afraid that my legacy will be . . . laundry.

Laundry has been brought to the forefront this month with the arrival of the April issue of Real Simple Magazine, which I subscribed to this year when the girls fundraiser came around. It's been an enjoyable diversion, but this month's issue's cover story was laundry.

The first thing that caught my eye was that the average family does 400 loads of laundry per year. I tell you, I have never felt so above-average before. Every week we have a minimum of six loads - towels, whites, darks, in-betweens, jeans and an entire load devoted to pink and red clothing. Lots of times I have multiples of one or more of these, just because, plus all the other miscellaneous sheets, jackets, etc. I'm sure every mother in the country can sympathize.

But now for the clincher - The girls open house for school was last night. Gracie had very proudly displayed a large heart on her desk that contained a poem about the love she has for her family. It read:
I Love Somebody
I Love Somebody.
Yes I do!
I Love somebody and
I'm going to tell you!

I love my Mom.
Yes I do.
Mom tucks me in at night.
Mom does the laundry.
Mom takes me to the park.
Yes I do!

I Love my Daddy.
Yes I do!
Daddy chases me around the house.
Daddy wrestles me.
I Love my Daddy.
Yes I do.

I Love my sister.
Yes, I do Maggie.
Maggie plays with me
Maggie has three webkins
Maggie likes to paint
Yes I do.

I Love my family
my family Is fun.

'Nuff said.

No comments: