Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Tooth Bites the Big One

Well, it's a little sooner than we expected, but Maggie has lost her second front tooth already, thanks to her sister. Here's the happy pair, although it didn't start out all smiles. . .

I was on the phone with my sister, saying good-bye when I saw Maggie dart through my peripheral vision. Nothing too unusual about that, but as I was hanging up, I heard her start shrieking hysterically from her bathroom. I high-tailed it in there, and she was holding up a Kleenex covered in blood from her mouth. I figured she must have hit her mouth on something and her loose tooth was bleeding - it happens, but no, the tooth was completely gone and Maggie was crying about Gracie's shoe hitting her in the mouth. We rinsed out her mouth and got a piece of gauze to press on her gum, and I headed into the office, where the incident occurred. Gracie looked up at me and said in a matter of fact way, "I said I was sorry!" And I said, "I'm sure you were - where's Maggie's tooth?" She looked at me like I was nuts and said, "In her mouth." I said, "No, you knocked it out - we need to look for it." Then Gracie started getting upset about hurting her sister. In between comforting her, I found the tooth and headed back to the bathroom, where Maggie was ready to admire her gap. I asked her if it hurt less when Gracie kicked her or when Daddy pulled the tooth, and she said it hurt less when Gracie kicked her - but she didn't seem to sure she wanted to use that as a method of future tooth extraction!

No comments: