Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

Well, we woke up to a gray and rainy first day of school again this year. Maggie is so excited about school though, she didn't mind - she was up, dressed, bed made, and ready to go before I even got to her room - about six minutes after her alarm went off. Gracie, on the other hand, was just rolling out of bed, looking through the blinds, and ready to return to bed. She is NOT ready for summer vacation to be over.

We did our school routine - breakfast, make lunches, get ready, brush teeth, brush hair. . . Maggie, however added one more step essential for fourth graders - put on lip gloss. Ummm. Well. Ok.



We took our traditional first day pictures, and I asked the girls if they wanted me to drive them to the bus stop or would they rather walk with umbrellas. They looked out and the rain was pretty light, so we headed out with our umbrellas. Of course, the first day, the bus is always a little late, but today it was about 15 minutes late. The rain picked up quite a bit before the bus got there, so we all huddled under the eaves of the house that the bus stop is located at. Gracie got more excited about things as her friends got to the bus stop. By the time the bus got there, she was, I think, ready for the school day to start.



Once the girls left, I walked back home and the silence of no kids. And now I've uploaded photos and made a blog entry, without a single interruption. While I do miss the girls, I must say, school days have their perks. Now, I'll go see what else I can get done, and perhaps make a fresh-baked cookie or two so that when the girls get home we can sit down and enjoy a special treat while they tell me about their first day of school.

No comments: