Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to Boxes. . .

I have a 10+ Journal that I love - it starts with January 1 on page 1 and goes all the way through December 31 with just four lines to write on for each year for the next 11 years. So, each January 1 you flip back to the beginning of the book and start the next year on the next set of lines. The neat thing is that you can look back up at the top of the page and see what you were doing on this date 1, 2, 3 or more years ago. For instance, one year ago on Monday, Maggie got clocked in the head with a ceiling fan. Last night as I was writing though, I noticed that three years ago we were preparing to move from Mansfield to Farmington, and there were lots of boxes involved. I'm definitely getting a feeling of deja vu. In the last three years we've gone from Texas to New Mexico to the Oklahoma apartment to the rental house to (finally) our new house. And while I'm glad to be here, I must say that I am getting really tired of packing and unpacking.

During all this chaos that is moving, I did have a follow up with the surgeon, and based on the results of taking the Actigall, we scheduled a gallbladder removal for June 30. In the meantime the girls are getting ready for their first Girl Scout Day Camp experience, and we have a couple of get-togethers to attend for friends going-away and birthdays, so life is busy, as usual. I've found the downside to not moving the weekend before school starts. Unpacking slows way down when the girls are here to help!

Well, I took a few picture to put on this post, but the cable to get them off the computer is in a box somewhere, so I'll have to add them later! Another hazard of moving!

No comments: