Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Sweet Mother's Day

This was one of those years where our anniversary fell on Mother's Day, so it was a doubly special day for me. At the end of it, I gave a contented sigh, and said, "Well, that was a great Mother's Day!" I'm not sure Jerry was so impressed, as he thought I might be being sarcastic, as evidenced by his comment, "Are you serious?" but I thought it was perfect.

The girls came in to our room in the morning, laden with presents, and I opened them all. I love the things the girls made - Maggie made me a picture with an essay of what her favorite memory of her and I was, and Gracie had made me some miniature cards that she had written things in - I love to read her phonetical spelling! Maggie picked out a Willow Tree Mother and Daughter statuette to go with her essay, and Gracie got me a bracelet with the many hats of Mom charms - a chef hat, chauffeur hat, nurse hat, etc. on a bracelet. I wore it to church.

After breakfast, church and a little nap we called all the other moms in our family, then headed out to the backyard for some planting, playing and dinner al fresco, then went on a walk and got ice cream from Cold Stone. It was a simple day, but fun and cheery, and spent with my favorite people in the whole world.

One of the highlights were the cards the girls got me. They are in love with those cards that when you open them up, they play music. The girls each got me one, and they had rehearsed dances for when I opened each of them up. Watching their excited, smiling faces was possibly the very best part of the day, so I wanted to share them with you:

Can you believe that's Gracie's Easter dress from March? She's sprouted up lately! I hope they don't grow up too quickly - I know the time is coming all too soon where they won't want to spend a whole day with mom. For now, I'll cherish these moments.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: