Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Girl Scout Camp

The girls signed up for Twilight camp again this past summer. The first night of camp the forecast (and the sky) were ominous. I just couldn’t bring myself to drop my kids off at a park with very little shelter and leave them there, so I took my laptop with me and parked the car nearby. I worked on a paper from my “mobile office,” which was hot, hot, hot! The first night was about planting or gardening, and I took a break from my studies long enough to snap a few pictures:





The second night of camp I informed the girls that I would not be staying for the night’s activities, but would be dropping them off and heading home to work on school work. Maggie’s reply was, “Good decision, Mom!” I wasn’t sure whether to feel complemented or insulted. I’m not exactly sure what the theme was that night, but they came home with masks and something that was either an apron or a cape. I think the theme may have been something to do with drama. Anyway, they each grabbed kitchen utensils and gave themselves superhero names. I snapped a few photos, and Maggie asked, “So are you going to put that on facebook?” I looked at her and asked, “Do you want me to?” She said she did:



Hm. How long do you think she’ll want photos like this to be out on the world wide web? I think the time is ticking away. . .

No comments: