Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let there be Light!

Well, I am proud to report that after over a year of using a TV tray as a bed table, with my lamp up on top of the armoire across the room, I finally got around to getting us some new bedside tables complete with lamps! I can now read a book in bed and then roll over and turn off the light! I'm so excited I could just burst. The accomplishment of this one thing may not seem very significant to most folks, but it seems to have gotten the ball rolling at our house. A lot of our rooms seem to have stuff that is there for no apparent reason. I guess we figured that as long as we were moving in the "settling in" direction, there was no reason to stop. We started going through every closet and drawer, getting rid of anything that we didn't use or love. We got quite a bit done the first weekend, but then lost steam when we got to this:
The guest bedroom closet where I keep all my crafting stuff and anything else that doesn't have a home. This picture really didn't do it justice - I had already removed a whole layer of stuff when we took this shot. I was really down about tackling this closet, because I knew whatever we came up with would be short of my 'ideal' closet. Jerry wasn't ready to give up that easily, and he quizzed me on my 'ideal' and then he really came through. Here's the finished product:


Just look at those shelves! I married the perfect guy for me - Thank You Lord!!! And that's not all. We've ordered me a desk from the Container Store, and will be installing it soon. Woo-Hoo!!! Now all I have to do is get rid of what's in the guest room at the moment. I've taken the pics and will be posting items to Craigslist next week. In the meantime, if anyone needs a dresser, mirror, nightstand or bookshelf in Broyhill Fontanta group, give me a buzz - I might be able to get you a deal!

No comments: